WET is the only environmental organization solely focused on Wicomico County issues and their impact on the greater Chesapeake Bay watershed. Over the past decade, WET has expanded and enriched public dialogue on important environmental issues on the Lower Eastern Shore of Maryland, focusing its efforts particularly on advocacy, education, public policy, and litigation for environmental protection in Wicomico County.
WET's goals are:
- To protect water resources
- To preserve native ecosystems and wildlife
- To encourage sustainable agriculture
- To promote Wicomico County's rural character and natural landscapes
- To nurture attractive, livable, and environmentally friendly communities
- To encourage smart growth practices in Wicomico County.